THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

to everyone who american, i think its an happy thanksgiving!

luckily, I not an American soo I will watch from afar

2 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Gartic Phone

Iā€™m Canadian; thanksgiving was in october.

What did he do? I saw a bit of his arguing in the slavery thread and thought it was strange at first sight, but didnā€™t pay much attention to it. Also, why bring back the subject of his personality? Did he come back recently?

He did stuff with Underwater Civs that originally got it closed. Then there was the slavery thread stuff, and now a little bit in space whales but mostly stuff in the ā€˜line for what not to include threadā€™, he argued against three developers about the necessity of adding visible genitals to the game

Now, Iā€™m oversimplifying it, and Burgeon did make some semi-valid points. However, he did not know when it was time stop the arguement, and that resulted in his third suspension

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m no American, just wishing a happy thaksgiving to the Americans.

Cool Minecraft area:
Version: 1.19.2
Seed: 112233445566
Description: A coast-side desert with badlands deeper inland. Picturesc. The area also contain spacious, crazy caves.
Photos of the area: https://imgur.com/a/VZhI9oK

2 Likes
Thanksgiving Fun fact

The Thanksgiving we Americans celebrate is actually the third Thanksgiving to take place.

The second was by another group of English colonists in Virginia, but they were looking for gold not Freedom.

The first thanksgiving wasnā€™t even Americans/English colonists at all, but rather held by the Spanish in what is now Florida.

The reason Americans celebrate the third one and not either of the others was decided by Abraham Lincoln, not the first because it wasnā€™t held by those who would become the Americans and not the second because gold isnā€™t as idealistic as freedom.

About a week ago I found a Minecraft seed on pocket edition that spawned a village in with two blacksmiths, 9 diamonds total. Couldnā€™t believe my eyes when I opened the first chest with two diamonds, much less when I opened the other chest that had seven

4 Likes

Iā€™ve only played such a game this summer, but I found a cool challenge that I call a Try Hard Biome challenge. You generate a world with a single biome, which was a mushroom island for me, and must finish the game. Whatā€™s good with that biome is that there arenā€™t any monsters safe for dungeons and spawners, but also phantoms because you canā€™t sleep since you canā€™t craft a bed without any sheeps around. The real challenge is to find wood. To help myself, I enabled the bonus chest at the beginning to give myself enough wood to start with. Then, I allowed myself after too much searching for a mine shaft (only source of wood) to regenerate the world into creative and find the mineshafts. After taking enough wood and finding dungeons, I went to the Nether and then I stopped playing out of boredom.

Did he insult anyone like Kiki and Rednascar?

I donā€™t believe he did, though I could have just missed it. For the most recent suspension reasoning, check out this thread;

Making a Line For What Content Not to Include

Godā€¦ I remember reading this threadā€¦ I knew from the start in which direction it was going to eventually go, but then he joined in and it gradually became a crazy fever dreamā€¦ I remember being just like: ā€œwaitā€¦ WTB???ā€ā€¦ It was so weirdā€¦ :sob:

Once I was playing a copy of Minecraft on my phone (Itā€™s called craftsman, by the way) and, just for fun, I seeded ā€œUwUā€ in an old world. That was a nice seed.

What does it mean??? Iā€™m kind of confused.

It forms a face, thatā€™s why people usually use it I think

I know that butā€¦ What does he mean by saying that he seeded it in an old world? What does he mean by ā€œseedingā€?

stupid autocorrect I meant that I put the seed equivalent to the word UwU

1 Like

Oh! Ok. :+1:

note to self:
maybe setting the auto evo rate to 5 was a terrible mistake.

also i have organell costs 1.5x sooā€¦

3 Likes

I SWEAR, thereā€™s nothing more annoying than finding the exact app you were looking for and finding out itā€™s only available for iphone.

This makes me want to relive steve jobs and throw him off a cliff

3 Likes

Some of the pictures in the forums donā€™t load. Is it just me?

imgur

That just happens sometimes. I havenā€™t come up with a solution

The problem seems specific to just some regions having their CDN servers not be able to connect back to central Europe where the data storage is.

The CDN provider has actually added some new retry settings, Iā€™ll turn those on and I guess weā€™ll see if those do anything.

Edit: on the CDNā€™s announcements thereā€™s this:

We are currently aware of an issue with the DNS resolution of the b-cdn.net domain due to a government block. We are currently urgently investigating this and working with the Turkish government to reestablish connectivity.

Which would be relevant if you are in Turkey (or your DNS goes through there), as that would explain why all image resources are broken (though that should mean a bunch of other stuff on the website should also be a bit broken).