THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

I remember reading about QuantumStealth, an invisibility filter developed by a Canadian, and I remember reading a comment saying “I’ll believe it when I don’t see it.”

@hhyyrylainen, it seems like two other words didn’t get affected by the censor. =)

Update: WHAT? I swear I went to that post and it wasn’t censored!

1 Like

The filter applies when the post content is converted to HTML for displaying so it doesn’t show in the post preview. Only after you post does the filter strike and then you can see the end result of your post.

1 Like

1 Like

found a new false positive in torbelgium

2 Likes

Test to see if it is what I think this belgium is:
ment

It is not. (now it hit me that this word wouldn’t make sense in this sentence lol)

1 Like

hint: submarine

1 Like

I think I found it! torbelgiumed! We gotta make a list of false positives.

1 Like

I’ve fixed every single false positive when people “complained” about it. Except that one that would require a specially crafter regex to handle.

Discourse updates have been pretty slow lately so there hasn’t been many convenient times to deploy the new belgium plugin versions.

1 Like

I have a kind off unrelated question: what was the plugin that allowed for multiple reactions? I wonder if its development has been resumed / there are any alternatives to it.

1 Like

It was called Retort.

And well, nothing new has happened:

1 Like

That’s unfortunate… I tried looking for alternatives and… nothing. The results pretty quickly devolve into typical google mess, and the only alternative I could find is already in use… :pensive:

1 Like

System Shock has been released.

1 Like

Bruh

kuva

Did they even try? Oh well, I’ll put it on my wishlist for when Valve fixes their game for them to work well with Proton.

They even tried to add a native Linux version but:

This has a native Linux version, but it’s borked and doesn’t install any executive file. It will not launch.

https://www.protondb.com/app/482400

2 Likes

Everyone, literally everyone: When will Valve release half-life 3?
Me: When will Valve release the last TF2 comic?

2 Likes

its world otter day

:otter:

4 Likes

changed some things on my profile.

2 Likes

I like the new look of SHODAN.

Comparison incoming…

Original SS1

SS2

SS1 Remake

The new one looks a lot more modern and appealing. It really reflects the cyberpunk style.

Update: It seems the first image doesn’t appear after posting, yet still appears in the preview. @hhyyrylainen, is it possible that a plugin for .gif pictures broke?

1 Like

Yeah, the url had a part the filter changed so it broke the link. I fixed the false positive and deployed the new plugin version. All three images in your post are now visible.

2 Likes

:rainbow_flag: Happy Pride Month! :rainbow_flag:

3 Likes