The Public Thrive Odyssey Council

Changing the name of a city probably happened a lot, as cities were conquered by different cultures.

I have some questions

Is this the sacred tier 4 boat?
Can you go to other continents with the tier 4 boat? i forgot aaaa
What relations level do you need to federate with someone?

NOOOO D:

You need to be allies with them. And yes that is a tier 4 boat

1 Like

yes, yes, 4

2 Likes

@OmnipotentFNarr personally, I don’t think government means enough in this game. All it does is give a +2 to research. No diplomacy bonus, nothing. There is also no difference between each form of government.

1 Like
I don’t think the type of government really changes anything in real life anyway.

Except for stability issues, of course.

1 Like

Yes it does. It is a HUGE factor in politics, and life of people. A military dictatorship would lower happiness, but increase military effectiveness…

I think that governments should also have increased/decreased relationships with other types of governments. For example: democracies hate dictatorships.

Governments could also be affected by happiness, politics and everything else. (Though I don’t know how this would work)

That’s a good suggestion, government types are already kinda reflected in the culture tab. It also doesn’t help that almost everyone is a monarchy so I don’t think it changes much.

Also, FYI, governments also add +2 to policy rolls.

3 Likes

Well I was considering changing, if it means something.

Honestly, I doubt it will. I feel like this game is like the Spore of civ games, with so much untapped potential, but due to my lack of experience and planning, it falls flat and every aspect gets half-assed. Even the different stages have almost no correlation with each other and could easily be cut out, serving more as filler mini games than actual meaningful stages, exactly like Spore.

I’m not saying that it can’t still be fun. No, quite the opposite. Spore is one of my favourite games. I’m just saying it could be more than it is currently.

2 Likes

If we finish this game, there should be a break where we all work on improving and setting up the next game.

4 Likes

We need a thrive for the odysseys

3 Likes

I think the the current system is good for now.

@OmnipotentFNarr I was reading evo’s turn and you called the improved muskets ‘rifles’ a rifle has a rifles barrel (spiral things in the barrel) but evo clearly doesn’t have the tech to do that.

What tech is needed to add extra metal to a metal tube?

Rifling was invented in the 1860’s.

Gunpowder was invented around the ninth century, about the same amount of time between the invention of rifles in the game and IRL

Yeah I called them rifles because I didn’t know what else I should call a musket with a longer barrel.

I will make a list of suggestions in the Research Center thread, so that we remember.

Research Center FTW

In the Research Center thread, of course.

R

E

S

E

A

R

C

H

C

E

N

T