The Techno-Zen Elysium

hey there everyone, i wanted to take over the interactive story game, but i felt like Deathpacitoast would never respond, as he hasn’t been on the community for about a few months at this point, but i also didn’t just want to take over his main story without his consent, so i decided to make my own thread where i continue the story my way (since i have no idea what he was working towards), and this way if he does ever come back to do more he can simply do it on the main continuity channel.
i intend to pick things up right where they left off and the round should be done in maybe a day or two.
i have no idea who played this game when it was there but anyone who enjoyed the original should probably come here.

Zenzone starts a billion forum games yet none of them get started

1 Like

maybe if more people joined them i could start
: /

I mean you could start the game with the few you have, people will probably join once they see the round. I just think this lack of dedication is unhealthy if you want a long lasting game

Maybe let everyone know the rules, you know, have that be the first thing on the forum. Then have a story and fun game-play, maybe a goal. I’ve just noticed that pattern in forum games a lot and they are the most popular ones of their time so just making a guess here.

sorry, forgot about this game, heres the round

The Cell

THE CHRONICLER

you chuckle at his foolishness, his frail body surely wouldn’t be able to keep up with your sick moves.

THE SOUL

IT MATTERS NOT, WE MUST SPREAD THE DANCE FEVER.

THE CHRONICLER

you stand up and stretch momentarily before preparing to give the best breakdance this miserable world has ever seen, and just as you strike the first move!

You trip over your own feet and faceplant.

Through the pain of your incredibly broken nose, you can faintly hear the old man’s laughter, which seems to hurt a thousand times more than your face.

-1 hp, -2 mp

You are sad

THE OLDMAN

HAHAha… oh I haven’t laughed like that in decades

THE WARTH

GGRRR HOW DARE HE LAUGH AT US!

UNLEASH THE APE! UNLEASH THE APE! UNLEASH THE APE!

THE OLDMAN

say… I’ve had a plan to get out of here for quite a while… but I was never able to pull it off… on account of my age… how would you like it if I told you my plan?

THE MIND

Hmm… you shouldn’t accept it, you did no crime, I am sure you will be released in just a few hours.

THE SOUL

YES, ACCEPT HIS PLAN, AND BECOME AN ARTISTE OF ESCAPE!

THE WRATH

FORGET ESCAPING, IT WON’T MAKE YOU HAPPY IF YOU’VE ESCAPED AND THIS OLD MAN IS STILL HERE, LAUGHING! USE YOUR APE FISTS AND BASH THIS FOOL’S HEAD IN!

UNLEASH THE APE! UNLEASH THE APE! UNLEASH THE APE!

Health points: 4/5

Morale points: -1/5

Inventory:

-stained underwear (worn)

-rusty nail (stored in your underwear, currently digging into your crotch)

-left sock and right sock (worn)

i made a few changes to some of the systems, and i need to work on the stats a bit before i make a good system for them

• UNLEASHTHEAPEUNLEASHTHEAPEUNLEASHTHEAPEUNLEASHTHEAPE!!!
  • take his plan
  • huddle in the corner and attempt to comfort your broken nose
  • cry some more
  • bang on the cell door

0 voters

also i’d like to institute a policy, whenever a poll closes i need someone to notify me, just so i don’t forget about this game

1 Like
The Bloodied Cell

THE CHRONICLER

a red haze sweeps over your vision, unrelated to the blood pouring out of your nose, and you black out.

When you awake you find yourself cradling your sore, blood covered hands, you notice that you are holding a bloody bone as a club.

THE AWARE

The cell you are in is now covered with blood and bits of gore, and the oldman is nowhere to be seen, must have been let go by the guards…

THE CHRONICLER

Either way you now have a pretty cool club! And you now feel much better about yourself.

+3 MP

New trait: BLOODY MANIAC: +3 STR -2 PSY (wears off once you get all the blood washed off you)

The cell door opens behind you, and a very irritated guard walks out of it.

THE GUARD

Whoever keeps screaming in here, shut up, you woke me up from m- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE?!

THE CHRONICLER

The guard runs away in a panic, and in a few seconds you hear an alarm playing all throughout the prison.

THE SOUL

This is your chance! Steal the old man’s escape plan, and become a living legend!

THE AWARE

You notice a rolled up parchment in the corner of the cell, similarly covered in blood as everything else.

THE MIND

QUICK YOU FOOL, GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE MORE GUARDS COME!

THE WRATH

Bah! You can handle a few weaklings with sticks, can’t you?

YOU’RE THE NAKED APE!

OHAHAOAHOAHAOAHOAHAOA!

Morale points: 2/5

Inventory:

-bloodied club (+1 on attack rolls)

Strength: 5/10 (2/10)

Dexterity: 5/10 (4/10)

Intelligence: 4/10 (5/10)

Psyche: 0/10 (1/10)

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

TAX EVASION: -1 INT +1 PSY +1 DEX

BLOODY MANIAC: +3 STR -2 PSY (wears off once you get all the blood washed off you)

• stay in the cell and await your next victims (6/10 chance of success)
  • take the oldman’s plan and escape (5/10 chance of success)
  • cry, you have no friends now…
  • start breakdancing

0 voters

1 Like
THE PRISON

ROLL

4 = SUCCSESS!

THE CHRONICLER

You walk over to the rolled up paper and open it, seeing that the instructions, while slightly covered in blood, are still mostly readable.

THE ESCAPE PLAN

Step 1: find a way to open the cell door.

THE CHRONICLER

Well, that’s already done, what’s the next step?

THE ESCAPE PLAN

Step 2: RUN

THE CHRONICLER

Seeing the instruction you immediately run out of the cell, which quickly leads you to another unlocked door that leads to freedom.

Wow, that was pretty easy.

You see the forest off in the distance and become happy, you are nearly at your home.

You let out a few pleased grunts.

THE AWARE

There seem to be guards behind you, they have loaded their rifles

THE CHRONICLER

Suddenly the guards begin to shoot at you as you run back into the forest

ROLL (DEX): 4 (again) = SUCCSESS!

THE CHRONICLER

You use your latent disco juices to nimbly dodge the bullets as if they aren’t even there

GUARD CAPTAIN

You idiots! Empty those blanks out and put live ammo in!

RANDOM GUARD 1

I think he’s havin’ a seizure boss!

THE CHRONICLER

The guards stop firing at you, clearly too amazed by your totally sick moves to do anything.

You then make it back into the safety of the forest, and after a few minutes of running you can’t even hear the sirens anymore.

You are safe, for now.

Inventory:

-bloodied club (+1 on attack rolls)

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

BLOODY MANIAC: +3 STR -2 PSY (wears off once you get all the blood washed off you)

• explore your surroundings
  • charge back at the prison and attempt to take it over as the ape overlord (2/10)
  • construct a home and rest for the night (4/10)
  • monke

0 voters

2 Likes

Following the policy you instituted, @zenzonegaming the poll closed three days ago. Just thought I would notify you

i took a small break from writing, it’ll be ready in a few hours at the most, as well as a new entry in the thrive vault of paranormality…

1 Like
THE BAG

THE CHRONICLER

The edges of your vision begin to go dark, and you can once more feel your brain falling out of your body…

THE STEM

Ah, look who’s back… have you enjoyed your brief foray into the realm of the naked apes?

“UGHhHH…”

THE STEM

Not the most responsive today I see…

Well I won’t keep you waiting, some apes need your attention…

THE CHRONICLER

You wake up to find yourself in a dark, confining thing, almost like you were in a bag.

You find yourself to be in a large amount of pain, and you can’t move your legs, there’s also a liquid in the bag with you, upon tasting it you realize it to be blood.

It tastes quite good, maybe you’ll have some more later…

-3 hp

BROKEN LEGS: cannot walk for a while

Your bag sways side to side slightly, its soothing, almost as if you were being rocked back to sleep.

THE AWARE

You faintly hear voices outside of your bag, they seem to be carrying it

“No… my bag…”

RANDOM GUY 1

Did this guy just talk?

RANDOM GUY 3

No way, you saw the state of him, he’s 100% dead.

RANDOM GUY 2

Yeah either he’s dead or he’s a zombie! Haha!

THE PARANOIA

YOU CAN’T LET THEM STEAL YOUR BAG! RUN AWAY! NOW!

THE MIND

Let’s be rational here, you’re legs are, and I say this with all of my medical knowledge, :belgium:ed up, these people are probably just bringing you to a hospital.

THE SOUL

It matters not if your legs are broken, you can still BREAKDANCE FOR THE WORLD!

THE MIND

Emphases on “break”…

THE AWARE

Whatever you are going to do you must do it fast, they are beginning to put you into some vehicle

Health points: 1/4 (1/5)

Inventory:

-bag (worn)

“it’s comforting to just lay inside of it… so comfortable that you could sleep forever…” – the chronicler

-bloody stained underwear (worn)

“while it does hide your… unmentionables, its hardly better than running around completely naked, it has holes, mysterious stains, and is drenched in blood…” – the chronicler

-rusty nail (stored in your underwear, whatever happened seems to have made it go INTO your crotch… -1 max hp (until removed))

“AAAAAAAAAAGH!” – you

“This could be useful to make something…” - the aware

-bloody left sock worn

“You should probably get a new left sock.” – the chronicler

-bloody right sock (worn)

“didn’t I just describe this?” – the chronicler

-bloodied bone club (+1 on attack rolls)

“You don’t know how you got it, but it seems to have bits of gore stuck to the head…” - the chronicler

“OOAOAOAOAOAH!” - the wrath

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

• try to escape 1/10 (warning: failure will result in death)
  • “hey, i’m still alive.”
  • start making ghost noises
  • start making monkey noises
  • say nothing

0 voters

i think i finally understand how to properly time when these will close…

1 Like

Y no brek dancing?
Dats all we want.
Y can’t we brek Dance?

both of your legs are broken and you’re currently inside of a body bag…

All have the ultimate power of the break dance. No matter where they are or in what condition, they will always find a way!

It’s the break-dance - the one where you break your bones even more!

THE HOSPITAL

“OO-OO-AH-AH!”

RANDOM GUY 3

HOLY :belgium:!

THE CHRONICLER

You feel the people around you drop your bag, and when your skull makes contact with the hard pavement you are knocked out.

THE CHRONICLER

There are noises around you, strange and high pitched, you can’t make any sense of them, they begin to hurt your head.

Its all quite annoying to you, and you wish you were in your bag again.

You open your eyes and they are immediately seared by harsh, unforgiving light.

THE WRATH

RRGHN PRETTY LIGHTSH…

FEMALE VOICE

Woah, you’re awake? We gave you a lot of sedatives so you would stop thrashing around like that, at least you seem to be calm.

THE CHRONICLER

Your vision clears, and you see a woman next to you leaning over your bed.

Is she a… prostitute?

FEMALE VOICE

I’m nurse Joii, with two “I”s, what’s your name? we never had the chance to ask, but to be fair with the state you were in we had to work around the clock to keep you alive.

“what happened? Where’s my bag?”

NURSE JOII

Well I don’t know about any bag, but our reports tell us that you were “running around town acting like a :belgium:ing monkey” and then you got hit by a car, which as you can see did a number on your legs…

THE CHRONICLER

You look down and notice that your legs are in two heavy casts stretching from your knees to your feet, you won’t be walking anytime soon.

NURSE JOII

We also had to remove a nail from your… crotch, and we cleaned up all the blood that got on you, you must be hemophilic, because that was a LOT of blood, almost too much for one person…

BLOODY MANIAC: REMOVED

We also decided to keep your things just in case, they’re in a crate in the storage room, you can get the back once you’re out of here.

THE PARANOIA

Hmmm! I don’t like this! They’re trying to steal your things! You need to get out of here before they harvest your organs!

NURSE JOII

So you still haven’t answered me, who are you?

Health points: 1/5

Inventory:

-hospital gown (worn)

“its step up at least.” – the chronicler

“ugh, it is so… bland! We must spice it up with some FASHION!” – the soul

-bloody stained underwear (in storage bin)

“while it does hide your… unmentionables, its hardly better than running around completely naked, it has holes, mysterious stains, and is drenched in blood…” – the chronicler

-rusty nail (in storage bin)

-bloody left sock worn (in storage bin)

-bloody right sock (in storage bin)

-bloodied bone club (+1 on attack rolls) (in storage bin)

“You don’t know how you got it, but it seems to have bits of gore stuck to the head…” - the chronicler

“ooh… ooh… ah… ah…" - the wrath
Strength: 2/10

Psyche: 2/10

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

• “I NEED MY BAG!”
  • “I need not answer a wench like you.”
  • “Bob.”
  • “the naked ape.”
  • “the dance man.”
  • “Kevin.”
  • “THE MASTER OF THIS PITIFUL WORLD…”

0 voters

NOTE: if you choose any option beside “the master of this pitiful world” “i need my bag” or “i need not answer a wench like you” it will become your official name, and people will begin to refer to you as it.

1 Like

So you are telling me people won’t refer to us as “The master of this pitiful world”?

1 Like
THE HOSPITAL

“I am the master of this pitiful world…”

NURSE JOII

Um… o-kaaayyy… I’ll just put down “Kevin”…

THE CHRONICLER

Nurse Joii writes a few things down on her clipboard and checks up on your iv before leaving, muttering something about how you must have been given “way too many sedatives”.

THE PARANOIA

I don’t trust her, she gave you poison I just know it! Quick! You need to bite your wrist and suck it out!

THE MIND

You don’t trust anyone, why would she have poisoned us?

THE PARANOIA

Why not?!

THE MIND

Hmm… I suppose…

THE AWARE

Taking a look around the room there seems to be a television on one of the walls, and a remote for it right next to you

THE CHRONICLER

You pick up the remote and turn on the television, you then see a news segment about how some idiot got ran over by a car.

You continue to watch various things on your television (which is entertaining enough to shut up most of the voices in your head) until it turns to night, and you go to sleep.

You continue this process over the next few days, waking up, talking to the doctors (and nurse Joii, who is becoming rather friendly towards you) and watching the most quality television programs that the hospital’s cable allows for, only broken up by the surprisingly good meals that the hospital feeds you, though then again its not like you have anything to compare it to, being an amnesiac.

Eventually you feel fit as a fiddle, aside from your legs of course

• 4 HP

+1 MP

Though even with all of that there are still a few negative things that happen, eventually representatives from the prison show up and recognize you, and now you’re handcuffed to your bed at all times and kept sedated around the clock, which effectively stops the Wrath from doing anything.

You can feel it happening everyday, as your naked apedness slowly slips away from you, between the clothes and the sedatives, you are starting to feel more and more like a… not naked ape.

You need to get out of here and soon, or you may never escape from the prison’s clutches.

Your inner narrator’s monologue is then cut off by the door to your room opening, revealing nurse Joii.

NURSE JOII

Hi Kevin, I was just coming to tell you that since we’re kind of short on room, you’re going to be getting a roommate, he has some kind of disease that’s been going around lately, but don’t worry, people say that it only spreads through saliva

“it only spreads when people take drugs?”

NURSE JOII

N-no, never mind just don’t worry about him

THE CHRONICLER

She leaves and a few minutes later some guy gets carted in and put next to your bed, he looks pretty pale and sickly, and is currently unconscious.

THE PARANOIA

They’ve been harvesting his organs! I told you this was a bad idea to stat here!

THE WRATH

Look sad… we make happy? New friend?

THE MIND

Ugh, as much as I hate him you need to get off of your sedatives fast before wrath is permanently stuck as a manchild, like you.

THE SOUL

HE IS RUINING THE FENG SHUI OF YOUR ROOM! YOU MUST FIND SOME WAY TO GET HIM OUT OF HERE BEFORE THE BAD ENERGIES DESTROY YOU!

THE MIND

Hmm, you could theoretically switch your IVs, he seems to just be on a glucose drip, which looks remarkably similar to the chemicals that they’re using to keep Wrath calm, it’s not much but with him back to normal you might, MIGHT be able to break free from your restraints

Health points: 5/5

Morale points: 3/5

Inventory:

-hospital gown (worn)

“ooh… ah… ah…” - the wrath

Psyche: 2/10 (1/10)

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

• switch IVs
  • do nothing
  • watch more television
  • call nurse Joii in

0 voters

2 Likes
THE HOSPITAL

THE CHRONICLER

You lean as far out as your restraints will allow you and discreetly slip the needle out of the sick man’s arm, and insert it into your own, and vice versa.

You wait for a few minutes, and you slowly begin to feel a simmering rage build, as if your brain had been set on fire.

THE WRATH

Uuurgh, what’s going on?

THE MIND

These people have kept us chained up for a few weeks, and have been drugging us to keep you from doing anything.

THE WRATH

WHAT?! HOW DARE THEY!

THE CHRONICLER

You feel a blinding rage overcome you, filling you with enough manic strength to snap your handcuffs

It also seems to be enough to finish healing your legs, as you are then able to stand up.

THE MIND

More realistically the adrenaline is probably just stopping you from feeling any pain…

BROKEN LEGS: removed

THE SOUL

Quick! You must get out of this drab hospital before it infects you with blandness!

THE AWARE

There’s a gurgling noise happening a few feet away from you.

THE CHRONICLER

You turn around and see the sick man having what looks like a seizure, he’s spasming so hard that he falls off of his bed, and there’s a bloody foam coming from his mouth

THE MIND

You should probably leave…

THE CHRONICLER

You turn tail and run out of the room, narrowly dodging a few doctors and nurses in the hallways, many of which you recognize

RANDOM DOCTOR

Hey that’s the prisoner!

RANDOM NURSE

SECURITY!

THE CHRONICLER

You make it inside of an elevator, there are lots of colorful buttons.

Which one will you push though?

THE PARANOIA

UP! UP! You need to get your bag back!

THE MIND

How do you even know which floor it’s on?

It would be most practical to go to the bottom floor and just leave.

THE WRATH

GO TO THE SECURITY ROOM! GRAB THEIR WEAPONS! UNLEASH THE APE!

THE SOUL

You should save this drab hospital from itself! Go to the roof and paint the building in the most radiant of colors!

THE AWARE

The guards are closing in…

Health points: 5/5

Morale points: 3/5

Inventory:

-hospital gown (worn)

“ooh… ah… ah…” - the wrath

Psyche: 2/10 (1/10)

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

• GO TO ROOF (SOUL)
  • GO TO FLOOR 4 (PARANOIA)
  • GO TO FLOOR 2 (WRATH)
  • GO TO FLOOR 1 (MIND)
  • STAY ON CURRENT FLOOR

0 voters

I want to put out another chapter today so this is a short poll
though i meant for it to be 4 hours not 1…

2 Likes

We’re so good at unanimous decisions…