I’m busy atm, I will post later today.

what does atm mean?
(post filler)

It means ‘At the moment’

1 Like

I’m pready.

1 Like
Story

A lot of inventing is going on as people want to increase their tools and weapons’ effectiveness. Agriculture is also becoming more standardised, war has begun for one of our nation leaders and while the dice may seem merciless for some, their luck will shine eventually.

Volume 2: Diffusion
Round 38 - 75,000 Years ago

Phoenicia

Leader: Tekis

Actions: [Global] Try to capture the fish
Result: 17/20
You noticed fish swimming around the shore when you were on the move and were interested to see if you could catch them. What you came up with is spear fishing. To do so, you have upgraded your spears by using flint tips and even made a three-headed spear to facilitate catching, the trident! Your food source is reliable enough to increase your population.

Villages: 1 (Tyre [Capital])
Region:Southern Lebanon, Asia (Middle East)
Stability: Sturdy 4

Population: 35
Jobs: N/A

Type: Bard (Thanks to your entertainment, you get a bonus to diplomacy and trade with other nations)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone)
Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Basic Ranged (Shortbow), trident
Structures: Portable Tents
Domestic: Goats
Other: Fishing

Hellenes

Leader: Tiresias

Actions: [Global] Upgrade toolset
Result: 13/20 -1 +2 = 15/20
Your tools for building and harvesting resources were very basic and weak, so you wanted to see if you could possibly increase their efficiency and make them more useful. After some tinkering, you made tools out of stones and flint which are a lot more durable and sharp, which makes cutting down trees and cleaning game a lot easier. This has increased your food yields, giving a small population boost. Your crew also came back, since I rolled a one for the turn duration.

Villages: 1 (Apolonia [Capital])
Region: Coast of Epirus, Greece
Stability: Stable 3

Population: 24

Type: Outcast (Because of your peculiar nation’s practices, others tend to stay away from you, giving lower initial reputation. On the upside, this gives you a bonus to technology development and you are harder to spy on)

Technology

Tools: Standard (Stone, Flint)
Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Basic Ranged (Shortbow)
Other: N/A

Britannia

Leader: Arthur of Londinium

Actions: [Global] Agriculture
Result: 7/20
You try to find a solution to try and settle down by finding a renewable and sustainable food source, but your clan fails to find anything they can do.

Villages: 1 (Londinium [Capital])
Region: British Isles, Europe

Population: 25

Type: Diplomat (Thanks to your smooth-talking skills, you know how to convince people that you are nice, giving you a bonus to negotiations and initial reputation. You also start with extra population)

Technology

Structures: Portable Tents, Masonry

Laestrygonians

Leader: Orko

Action: Hunt big game
Result: 16/20
You want to have large supplies of food, so you do what hunters do best and hunt big game. You drop some deer and wild goats, as well as a few boars. In the end, you found yourself with quite a stockpile of extra food, giving you the possibility of increasing your population. It may supplement your needs for now, but this food pile won’t last forever.

Villages: 1 (Laestrygon [Capital])
Region: Normandy, France

Population: 30

Type: Trader (All that time working with the ground has made you accumulate an abundance of resources you know others want, granting you a bonus in trading and initial population)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone), Raft

Bananarama

Leader: Zen’Zon

Actions: [27] Masonry, [8] Walls
Result: 9/20 -2 = 7/20, 18/20 -6 = 12/20 Does not occur
Now that you have mastered the land around you and can grow your own food, you want to settle down, but your tents are cramped and frail. To remedy this, you had some of your people research better ways to make houses in such a way that they can be stronger, but you couldn’t find anything useful.

Invasion roll (1 and 2= no attack, 3=soon, 4=immediate skirmish): 4/4
Your rival tribe (feel free to name them) attacked you and stole some of your supplies. Due to your combat experience, only 2 members died, but 3 others left due to a lack of resources.

Villages: 1 (Musa Saientum Fixa [Capital])
Region: Nile banks, Egypt

Population: 30
Status: Sedentary agricultural village. At war with Defalut Name[NPC]

Type: Zealot (You know your faith is the right one, and you want everyone to believe in it, whether by will or at gunpoint. This grants you a bonus in combat and religion but a malus in initial reputation, as people feel intimidated by your warmongering)

Technology

Other: Agriculture

Tarkahmehd

Leader: Evolution4Weak

Action: [Global]Agriculture
Result: 9/20
You want to find a source of food that won’t be exhausted and is a lot more controllable. Your people found out that plants regrow from seeds while fishing near the sea banks. However, they were unsuccessful at reproducing the results. Also, all the fishing and trapping gave you an increase in population.

Villages: 1 (Acirema [Capital])
Region: Portugal, Europe
Stability: Sturdy 4

Population: 25

Type: Scout (You know the land like the back of your hands, which comes with the perk of a bonus in spying and exploration)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone), Net
Other: Fishing, Trapping

Mexica

Leader: Montezuma

Actions: [Global] Agriculture
Result: 17/20 +2 = 19/20
You are shamans, and as shamans, you are one with nature. When you take the time to listen, it tells you its secrets. The secrets of agriculture were divulged to a woman who was gathering berries. When she sat in the shade of her favourite tree, she found the maize seeds she discarded long ago sprouting. Reporting back to Montezuma (who was glad he could now resume his pondering), the lady taught the other tribesmembers how to plant the maize, as well as other crops, increasing your food supply, and in turn, your population.

Villages: 1 (Tenochtitlán [Capital])
Region: Mexican Valley, Mexico

Population: 36

Type: Shaman (You are devoted to helping others while pondering about the mysteries of the Cosmos. This grants you a bonus in technological research and initial reputation)

Technology

Other: Agriculture

Mongols

Leader: Kada Khan

Actions: [Global] Research improved bows
Result: 18/20 +2 = 20/20!
Your puny shortbows were in need of an upgrade if they were to be used for big game, so you looked into ways of improving them. This led to the creation of the longbow, a deadlier bow with more precision and power than a regular shortbow. You also improved your ammunition, by making flint-tipped arrows and even fire arrows! You also promote 10 of your people to be horseback archers.

Tribes: 1 (Kherzit [Capital])
Region: Mongolia

Population: 20
Jobs: Horse Archer (10)

Type: Religious (Your faith is strong and no one can tell you otherwise! You have a bonus in religion and technology research)

Technology

Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Standard (Longbow[Arrows: Flint, Flaming])
Domestic: Horses
Other: Riding

@blackjacksike @Mr.Pigeon @Pentaphon @TeaKing @Evolution4Weak @zenzonegaming @OoferDoofer @yp364

To keep things consistent, tech bonus perks all give +2 to rolls.

3 Likes
The Britons research on agriculture & farming again.

research better weapons.
also train 10 people to be soldiers.
also name the rival tribe “losers”.
just losers.

What do you mean?

What is the outcome spread if there is one? like what is the range for success and failure

I don’t know why, but I felt the writing of my turn incredibly satisfying and calming:D Anyway, time to finally settle myself! (I hope you won’t mind if I try to make my actions little more in Roleplay style)

Action: Montezuma, incredibly happy with the discovery of how to grow crops, orders to all villagers to start planting seeds around the settlement. (Build farms)

1 Like

I meant some people have perks from their civ type that increase the roll result for technology development-related rolls. For Mr.Pigeon, I gave +3 but for OoferDoofer, I gave +2 so I wanted to standardize it.

1 Like

Normally from 1-10 you fail and from 11-20 you succeed, but the severity of the failure or the effectiveness of the success are guided by the number.

time for some greens, we have lots of meat!

actions:

15 people shall build houses for us to settle, while the rest seek to discover agriculture.

Action: Raise population

Sacrifice some horses to the horse god

19 Action: Try To Do Agriculture Again
6 Action: Work On A Form Of Housing

In Celtic mythology, Epona was the spirit or divinity representing a horse.

How exactly do you want to raise your population? Also please specify how many people you use for each action.

Action:discover shields

@Pentaphon, you’re the only one left!
Anyway, I hope agriculture will work for me this time around.