The Thrive Odyssey

i think you’re having a bad connection blackjack.

try turning your brain off and on again, if that doesnt work try bashing your hed on a wall.

1 Like

OH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now, I get it! geez took me quite a while

I’ll edit and repost my actions.

Action (global): offer the Yiglas to join us, and help in rebuilding their tribe.

• 20 Britons research on bronze metallurgy & blacksmithing again.

• 15 Britons research on animal farming & raising.

The first action has a (x - 3)/20 chance and the second one has (x - 5)/20, right?

but you just attacked them.

2 Likes

The Mongols have strange and mysterious ways, apparently.

Action: Traders trade, fishers research navigation, goatherds research medicine.

I’m tickled that only two of us have stone tools at this point.

2 Likes

@OmnipotentFNarr everyone has posted surprisingly fast!
next round please? :slightly_smiling_face:

I wanted a second village, and fear is the best control.

Story

People are starting to expand by having more than one village under the same name, and more diplomacy goes on as more and more tribes are being discovered and interacting with each other. Metallurgy is also becoming a thing as one the tribes even managed to smelt bronze using an oven, which is very early for the bronze age, while another began their copper age.

Volume 2: Diffusion
Round 42 - 10,000 Years ago

Phoenicia

Leader: Tekis

Actions: [24] Religion, [24] Medicine
Result: 17/20 -4 = 13/20, 11/20 -4 = 7/20
Since discovering agriculture, you didn’t have to constantly look for food anymore, which gave you more time to think about other things, such as the way the world works. You looked at nature around and could sum it up in four different elements: Air, Water, Fire and Earth, the primordial elements. These Deities created the world in their own image and love entertainment, so to keep them happy, your tribe sings and dances for them.

The rest of the tribe tried to find plants they could use to heal the sick, but after lots of foraging, they could not find any.

Villages: 1 (Tyre [Capital])
Region:Southern Lebanon, Asia (Middle East)
Stability: Strong 5

Population: 48
Jobs: N/A

Type: Bard (Thanks to your entertainment, you get a bonus to diplomacy and trade with other nations)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone), Raft
Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Basic Ranged (Shortbow), Trident
Structures: Mud hut
Domestic: Goats
Other: Fishing, Agriculture, Pottery, Religion

Religion

Deity: the Four Primordial Elements
Beliefs: They must be entertained through singing and dancing.

Relations
Laestrygonians

Shared Technology: Goat domestication, Rafts

Hellenes

Leader: Tiresias

Actions: [Global] Better tools
Result: 10/20 +2 = 12/20
Thanks to your new and more powerful ovens, you could finally heat those greenish rocks and even melt them down! Using a carved stone as a mould, you could effectively shape the metal into the tools you desired. You now have copper tools.

Villages: 1 (Apolonia [Capital])
Region: Coast of Epirus, Greece
Stability: Stable 3

Population: 32

Type: Outcast (Because of your peculiar nation’s practices, others tend to stay away from you, giving lower initial reputation. On the upside, this gives you a bonus to technology development and you are harder to spy on)

Technology

Tools: Copper Age
Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Basic Ranged (Shortbow), Primitive protection (Targe)
Structures: Portable Tents
Domestic: Cattle
Other: Oven, Copper

Britannia

Leader: Arthur of Londinium

Actions: [20] Bronze smithing, [15] Husbandry
Result: 19/20, 12/20
Learning from your previous mistakes, you don’t toss the stones directly into the fire, but instead, you place them in a stone bowl so that you may pick them up once melted. You experiment with different stones to see what works better, and you observe that, combined with a shiny metal, the reddish stone, once melted and cooled, is actually tougher. You now have access to bronze metallurgy and can officially smeltal the meltal.

Herds of cattle ruminating in the vast British plains got the tribe thinking of farming them like farming plants. They eventually domesticated them and now you have access to a ready supply of hide, meat and milk, raising your population.

Villages: 1 (Londinium [Capital])
Region: British Isles, Europe
Stability: Sturdy 4

Population: 41

Type: Diplomat (Thanks to your smooth-talking skills, you know how to convince people that you are nice, giving you a bonus to negotiations and initial reputation. You also start with extra population)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone)
Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Basic Ranged (Shortbow)
Structures: Stone houses
Other: Agriculture, Oven, Bronze

Laestrygonians

Leader: Orko

Actions: [20 (Trader)] Trade, [15 (Fishermen)] Navigation, [20 (Goatherds)] Medicine
Result: 13/20 -5 +3 +2 = 13/20, 18/20 -6 +2 = 14/20, 19/20 -5 = 14/20
Your traders embark on a new trading journey (once again through diceroll, but previsited and NPC nations have higher odds) and this time they came across a new tribe, the Muppans. The Mupwans are also interested in trading, so your traders got along with them very well. They traded goods and, of course, ideas. In exchange of some goats, they brought back the knowledge of agriculture. For reference, the Muppans are on the coast of present-day Spain.

Your fishermen, spending lots of time at sea, want to learn if there are better ways to navigate the sea. They come up with using stars and constellations to guide themselves at night, which means that they no longer get lost. This means that with stargazing, you get +4 (total with sailboat bonus) to seafaring related rolls.

The remaining people happened to be the goatherds, spending all their time on land and in nature, meaning they’ve learned about the plants around them. Over time, they learned which ones are edible, which ones are dangerous and, most importantly, which ones can heal you. They have gathered this information and shared it with the tribe, so now, your people can recover more from injuries and can live live longer, since they don’t die as often from sickness, which raises your population.

Villages: 1 (Laestrygon [Capital])
Region: Normandy, France

Population: 75
Jobs: Fisherman [15], Goatherd [20], Trader [20]

Type: Trader (All that time working with the ground has made you accumulate an abundance of resources you know others want, granting you a bonus in trading and initial population)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone), Sailboat[+2], Nets, Stargazing [+2], Herbal Medicine
Domestic: Goats
Other: Fishing, Trapping, Division of Labour, Agriculture

Relations
Phoenicians

Shared Technology: Goat domestication, Rafts

Tarkahmehd

Shared Technology: Fishing, Trapping, Sailboat

Muppans

Shared Technology: Goat Domestication, Agriculture

Bananarama

Leader: Barando

Actions: [Global] Claim the abandoned village
Result: 17/20
Zen’Zon wanted to be a leader again, despite leaving the spot to his son, but Barando found a solution. Their old enemies, the losers, had a village that was now vacant and theirs for the taking, so Zen’Zon became the leader of that new village. People moved in and cleaned up the wreckage from the warfare and now, the Bananarama have two villages (Please name the new village). Plus, all this new space meant an increase in population. Now, you have two global actions.

Villages: 2 (Musa Saientum Fixa [Capital], New Village)
Region: Nile banks, Egypt
Stability: Strong 5

Population: 55
Jobs: Soldier [6]

Type: Zealot (You know your faith is the right one, and you want everyone to believe in it, whether by will or at gunpoint. This grants you a bonus in combat and religion but a malus in initial reputation, as people feel intimidated by your warmongering)

Technology

Tools: Standard (Stone, Flint)
Weapons: Standard Melee (Spear [Flint, Stone], Club), Basic Ranged (Shortbow)
Structures: Mud Hut
Other: Agriculture, Fishing

Relations
Farenit

Tarkahmehd

Leader: Evolution4Weak

Action: [21] Farms, [21] Build more log cabins
Result: 18/20 -4 = 14/20, 15/20 -4 = 11/20
You learn from your mistakes and inspect the land before building on it. You find a nice, fertile clearing where you set up your farms. This time, you make it well secured and even inspect the structure to make sure it’s still sound. The new surge of food increases your population and those who were shunned came back.

You build more log cabins, which makes more space for more population.

Villages: 1 (Acirema [Capital])
Region: Portugal, Europe

Population: 60

Type: Scout (You know the land like the back of your hands, which comes with the perk of a bonus in spying and exploration)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone), Net, Sailboat[+2]
Structures: Log Cabin, Farms
Other: Fishing, Trapping, Agriculture

Relations
Laestrygonians

Shared Technology: Sailboat, Net, Trapping, Fishing

Mexica

Leader: Montezuma

Actions: [Global] Build a Temple of Sacrifice
Result: 15/20
Now that their purpose has been made clear, your people get to work building a massive temple for their worship. Huge stone blocks are hauled around, making, slowly but surely, a giant step pyramid, Sola Eclipsa. At the very top is a sacrificial altar, where the sacrifice to the Sun is made and where other sacrifices can also be done to the Rain or Agriculture for better harvests (You can go into more detail if you want). You have built your first Landmark! A Landmark is a structure that will stand the test of time and will be associated with your culture forever, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on what you are known for. I will go into more details later when it becomes relevant in the civ stage.

Villages: 1 (Tenochtitlán [Capital])
Region: Mexican Valley, Mexico

Population: 52

Type: Shaman (You are devoted to helping others while pondering about the mysteries of the Cosmos. This grants you a bonus in technological research and initial reputation)

Technology

Tools: Basic (Wood, Bone)
Structures: Portable Tents, Farms
Domestic: Honeybee
Other: Agriculture

Religion

Name: Tonatiu
Deity: Sun, Rain and Agriculture
Beliefs: Sacrifices are necessary to keep the world going, all life is equally important except for the Sun, the Rain and Agriculture, death means eternal respite for the dead.

Mongols

Leader: Kada Khan

Actions: [Global] Negotiate the merging of the tribe by helping them rebuild
Result: 17/20
The Yiglas were now hostile to you, but after delicate negotiations, bribery, threats and lots of rebuilding, you were able to convince them (although maybe out of fear) that joining you wouldn’t be a bad thing. You can now claim the Yiglas settlement. However, pooling all these resources into gifts gave you a shortage and you had to boot three people from your tribe.

Tribes: 1 (Kherzit [Capital])
Region: Mongolia
Stability: Stable 3

Population: 39
Jobs: Chariot Archer (10)

Type: Religious (Your faith is strong and no one can tell you otherwise! You have a bonus in religion and technology research)

Technology

Tools: Standard (Stone, Flint), Wheel
Weapons: Basic Melee (Spear, Club), Standard (Longbow[Arrows: Flint, Flaming])
Domestic: Horses, Sheep
Other: Riding, Religion, Chariot

Religion

Deity: Yargoyin
Beliefs: Yargoyin needs sacrifices (animal or human) or the animals of the steppe will slow and die.

Relations
Yiglas

@blackjacksike @Mr.Pigeon @Pentaphon @TeaKing @Evolution4Weak @zenzonegaming @OoferDoofer @yp364

3 Likes

action 1: domesticate rhinos as war mounts.
action 2: develop metallurgy
also my new villages name is in honor of the old occupants.
it is named.
LOSERVILLE.
but it is actually pronounced loser-vile.

action: try discovering herbal medicine again.

but you already have.

it didnt work lmao. i got a 7.

i mistook your civ for someone elses.

Action: Create A Form Of Government To Help Manage The Increasing Number Of People

Questions and comments

@OmnipotentFNarr, now that we are at 10,000 years ago, will the time slow down a bit? I mean, there would be a problem if we still haven’t reached the civilization stage at 1,000 years ago.
Also, I am happy to have met the requirements for iron metallurgy.
EDIT: Wait, what’s wrong with my dice rolls? I don’t see the penalty for using individual actions…

My actions

• 25 Britons research on a better furnace to achieve higher temperatures.
  • 16 Britons research on fishing to establish a fishery by the Thames river (river next to Londinium).

Oh, sweet Michigan, a landmark! The Aztecs would be so proud of me! How sacrifices will work (I’m going to be more civil with them, so no babies for the Sun God!): One man and one woman will be sacrificed in the end of every year, exactly when the Sun is above Sola Eclipsa. That way all Gods will be honoured (and satisfied, hopefully) and the next year will be productive. The sacrifices will be done by Sun Priests (I guess that’s a new job:D), who are chosen specifically by Montezuma.

Action: (Create an alphabet) After the construction of Sola Eclipsa, Montezuma was very satisfied with how things turned out for his people. And he thought that this great temple will come up in the minds of the future generations when they think of him, long after he died. And then, something in his mind snapped - what if more was left to the future generations? What if by using symbols he and his people pass down important knowledge? And thus he started working on multiple symbols, each with it’s own meaning.

1 Like

Yes, time will slow down.

Also, good catch, that was a mistake, but I’ll give it to you

EDIT: By the way, for iron metallurgy, you have to upgrade your oven again.

1 Like

Action:Discover agriculture

Claim Yiglas (21)

Learn how to forge (19)