The Thrive Odyssey

Alright:
33 warrior/hunters
25 Elite warriors
25 Hunters
50 herders/fisherman

Action: Preemptively strike the taolu with my hunter warriors and elite warriors
Action: improve forging

thanks for the round!
btw the round result never mentioned the roads

actions:
trade better furnace tech for rhinos with the hollow sandians
build medical stations to treat the sick and the wounded
10 new people become medics, while the rest get the jobs that have few workers liek priests and hunters

My bad, Iā€™ll fix that right away.

1 Like

Action
Ask the marcelians to federate with me (i absorb their nation also in order too boost my chances I offer their leader to marry into my family)

25 vilagers (those that donā€™t have a job)go to create a port village)

My bulders (now 25) build a stone wall around my capital
The rest create a religion(Iā€™ll give details after I pass the roll)

is the population scaling bonus or malus is based on the local/village population and not global?

do we have split the population for each village or can we do it global and it will be automatically for each village.

A question is everybody playing in the civ age or there are some people in the tribal age

The bonus/malus is always of global scale, but I might change that next round if it gives too low numbers.

You donā€™t have to split the population if you donā€™t want to, itā€™ll just be distributed evenly.

No, the poll was in favour of different stages at the same time, so some of you are still in the village stage.

I see I have 7 population to assign. 2 of them are human scribes, while the other 5 will go into farming.

5 goatherds, a farmer and a scribe decide to travel to Xirimiri and settle there. The remaining farmers and herders develop rotating millstones. The fishermen of Laestrygon and the healers work on bronze tools. The traders and a scribe (who is provided with plenty of furs, being more fragile than the neanderthals) outfit a big catamaran and go on an exploratory mission far to the north until ice halts their advance. The people of Xirimiri develop parchment for the scribes to write on, and the soldiers put the new border defenses to use.

Can you elaborate on putting the defenses to use? Iā€™m not quite sure what you mean by that.

Well i guess iā€™ll make my confusion actions

Action 1 - Send a third of my population to search for another civilization I split my population a lot
Action 2 - Another third will research a way of moving faster in the rivers
Action 3 - The last third will ok i donā€™t know how to describe this and make it sound good, itā€™s basically ā€œResearch Religionā€ because someone said itā€™s something you research

because iā€™m new to this and iā€™m dumb please tell me if somethingā€™s not right with this

Religion isnā€™t really mandatory. Iā€™m personally going to stick with science myself. But yeah, if you want a religion, you gotta research it.

i think you forgot to update my technology tab with my bronze tools

People Distribution:

• 16 - Fisherman - Fish The Fish
  • 16 - Farmer - Farm The Farms
  • 16 - Herders - Manage The Animals
  • 40 - Builders - Build The Building And Craft The Tools
  • 32 - Gatherers - Gather The Materials For The Other Jobs And Manages The Storehouse
  • 32 - Philosophers - Research The Technology

Actions:

• [20 Builders + 16 Farmers + 16 Gatherers] Action: Build A Town Hall In Arcimea

• [32 Philosophers + 16 Fisherman] Action 2: Create A Code Of Law And Put It In Front Of The Town Hall (Not Required To Put It There If Building Fails)

• [20 Builders + 16 Herders + 16 Gatherers] Action 3: Build Roads Between The Villages And Inside Them Too

I would like to become a Civilization

action 1: build a palace for Barando to live and rule in.
action 2: develop boats.

1 Like

I mean standing watch and maybe building them up a bit if they have time.

Now itā€™s finally time for the Great Mexican Colonization! Prepare for reverse colonization;D
Action: Found a new settlement named SolƠtempa north of TenochtitlƔn.

@blackjacksike your actions please.

Comments & Questions

@OmnipotentFNarr, last turn I asked my speakers to prevent people from getting outside; however if I do that each turn, it would hinder all other actions that might help to cure the disease because I canā€™t have too many jobs if I want to maximize my chances of success. Is it okay if itā€™s assumed that people wonā€™t go outside ever even when my speakers are gone? Also, can it be assumed that food is still delivered for RP purposes even though fishermen are temporarily gone?

Plague

Iā€™m assuming that youā€™re referring to the bubonic plague, so I wonā€™t describe it since it wonā€™t change the gameplay, right @OmnipotentFNarr?

just a nice picture of Plague Inc

Jobs

• 36 Philosophers
  • 36 Engineers
  • 28 Soldiers
  • 10 Knights

My actions

• All Philosophers must invent Old English writing to describe the germ theory of disease.
  • All Engineers research on the fabrication of glass.
  • All Soldiers and Knights are to do the same thing as in the last turn. Kill and burn all rodents and their nests! They must also execute any villager who goes outside and burn their corpses.

Arenā€™t biosuits a bit to advanced? And didnā€™t you say that we should wait to do geen theory?

Now that the action is in motion, it stays in motion, you donā€™t need to repeat the speakersā€™ actions each turn.

Also, Oofer is right, itā€™s early for biosuits.

EDIT: Actually, itā€™s ok, Iā€™ll make do with what I have.