Thrive Translation and Correction Office [TTCO]

It’s just a placeholder text until I pick up work on the prototypes again.

I have a suggestion for some of the strings related to the auto-evo exploring tool: replace every instance of “biodiversity increasing species” to “biodiversity-increasing species”. That would make it clearer I think.

So no? Have I misunderstood what those string meant, so that this suggestion doesn’t make sense?

It probably makes sense but I’m doing the bare minimum regarding the English text as I don’t get any help, so I’ll only react if someone makes suggestions on weblate.

And you also probably saw this yourself here as no one replied to your idea.

Is there no one willing to help? I could.

You could make the suggestions on weblate. It’s really a struggle for me to find other team members who want to improve the English text in the game.

Can I be a team member?

The current string sounds like both “biodiversity which increases species” and “species which increase biodiversity”.

1 Like

What team would you be in? So far I don’t think we have had any dedicated translators accepted on the team. If we were to have an English text proofreader and improver, I really think we should pick someone who is a native speaker. Basically the same logic as to who qualifies in my opinion as the verifier of translations of other languages.

I’m a graphic designer so I should be able to tackle what that role entails, especially UIs and vector graphics. I would be curious to join the sound team, too. Until now I’ve been hesitant on applying because I was worried I wasn’t qualified enough, but maybe I can start small and see where that takes me, what do you say? Then I would still be active on Weblate, making suggestions.

If you have something to show off your skills with, you can send an application to join the team.

What is “species cap”???
And what are “GLES2” and “GLES3”???

Species cap = maximum number of species

I don’t recommend translating the GLES abbreviations as anything other than GLES.

1 Like

What is “SceneTree”?

1 Like

Why are there are two thermosynthesis glossary strings?
String 1
String 2

I don’t know.

One thing I noticed though is that there are multiple dictionary entries for many words in Romanian.
(and also Finnish)

It seems that when a term that should not be translated is added to the English dictionary it gets also placed in the other language dictionaries.

I think the duplicate one with no explanation can be deleted as unnecessary.

Also one problem I noticed a term that should not be translated is translated for Romanian: Thrive/Thrive — Romanian @ Thrive - Weblate

Edit: I did some maintenance and setup the untranslated terms properly for the English dictionary.

1 Like

Is the pr (Pirate) code on the Godot list for a normal language or actual English pirate speak?

Maybe it’s the Minecraft Pirate Speak?

Pirate speech very likely.

Also I’m in the process of overhauling the entire English dictionary, as there are a ton of duplicate and incorrect entries. Once I’m done I’ll post a Weblate announcement about that.

What the hell is pirate speech?