Which planet do you think is the best for colonization in the solar system

What about the moon?

There is ceres, which is kinda similar to the moon : P

1 Like

I mean, we all know Pluto’s the only planet worth colonizing /s.

pluto is not a planet

Svrangite’s comment was actually made, before 2006. Mmm’kay?

belgium, forgot the moon’s a planet.

2 Likes

Well, if we go along the “Lots of cold. Good for computers” line, I vote for transforming pluto into a supercomputer is joke plz don’t take it too serious

1 Like

Mars could be a planet where we would be exploiting the human ressources rather than mineral (education, art, engineering, research, etc. [intellectual sphere of economy]).

It’s not the problem, the problem is people being born there in general. If anything mars would be good for mining outposts only, humans going there and leaving but no staying.

1 Like

I agree with you i only see mars as a giant iron mine and maybe you dont even need humans you just need robots that just collect what their mining

so what? we can do the same for astronauts.

Honestly, I don’t really see such a great problem in the gravity disparity. From our current understanding of biology, it is quite likely that the bone structure of the colonists would eventually develop to be unsuited for prolonged exposure to earth-like gravity. We might ultimately be able to mitigate it, but migration from Mars to earth will probably forever be hindered. But why should this matter so much? If we want to ultimately conquer the stars and spread our species on multiple planets, of course there will be differences between our populations because of the variety of conditions on different planets. Either we adapt a bit or we might just as well stay on earth. Our should we really give up on whole planets just because the inhabitants might not be able to undertake a sentimental pilgrimage to earth? After all, in the opening stages of the colonization of the New World, only half of the ships (that weren’t part of huge fleets) that tried to cross the Atlantic Ocean made it. If some civilian completed the journey, it was more than likely that they would never return to the Old World, and the colonists accepted this, because it was necessary to conquer the New World. Our relationship with Mars would then be one of communication, trading and scientific cooperation, but not vast migration.

4 Likes

Yes, i agree. @Steve is not seeing the point (no offence).

Heres the plan for the exploration and colonization of venus
https://sacd.larc.nasa.gov/smab/havoc/ and heres what the exploration blimp will look like
image and this is actually easier to do then going to mars we already make blimps, which do you think looks better this

or this

2 Likes

Heres something that I found pretty interesting. Sometime in 2020, maybe around August or so, a new Mars rover is going to be into production.

It’s pretty cool because this thing has these little drones that can fly around the surface and take pictures from above.

Mars-Helicopter-diagram-600px

Huh thats pretty cool

i say this

2 Likes
Blimps Vs Rovers
  • Futuristic Blimps
  • Rovers On mars

0 voters

1 Like

Well the former certainly looks safer, cheaper and easier

1 Like

I like big things that sing happy birthday to itself with wheels rather than huge airbag things, though that is just personal bias.

Okay, I won’t lie, but those blimps are actually pretty cool.

1 Like