Which planet do you think is the best for colonization in the solar system

i have liked air-ships for a wile

1 Like

In terms of habitability Venus is the best due to the Earth like atmosphere 50 Km (or is it miles) up and the gravity being the similar. There is nothing Earth-like anywhere on mars.

1 Like

ah yes, nothing like sitting on a wobbly airship 50 km off the ground. sure beats standing in a cabin.
though im not sure what you mean by venus being earth-like, it might be pressurised but it has a similar atmospheric makeup to mars.

Infact (according to this diagram below) mars has more oxygen in its atmosphere than venus

1 Like

I don’t think we should go for oxygen concentration in the atmosphere tho, since it’s way too low for for humanity to survive without special equipment anyways, and we don’t have the necessary technology to artificially raise the oxygen level either (and even if we did, the little difference in oxygen comparing Venus to Mars is negligible).

1 Like

I know, but saying that venus is more earth-like than mars is a very oversimplified answer

1 Like

I’m gonna say short term (now) Mars is best due to our really undeveloped space tech (seriously no nations give a damn) and long term (future) is Venus because future tech will probably make airships a lot better than we ever could.

3 Likes

have you seen how big the biggest airships were? it wood not be that hard to duplicate them, an then they could be collapsed for space. other then that i agree with you.

1 Like

350th post!
This thread shouldn’t be 350 posts long.

Airships honestly aren’t that hard to build, what the mars supporters seem to worry about is connecting them to make a city, which isn’t that hard.

3 Likes

Most of the posts are probably from RedNascar and KikyGames arguing and other filler posts.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8&list=PLIIOUpOge0LsIzYlIAIRdAGJTqAW6FmCE]
it should have what we need.

Is this argument still going on?

Also, blimps are starting to reach my appeal, but just a little a bit.

How about we just don’t try and colonise any planet, because frankly they all suck.

Except for the moon.

news-010114e-lg
NASA needs to get on this.

2 Likes

THE SOLAR SYSTEM WILL BE OURS

2 Likes

WE WILL RULE THE SOLAR SYSTEM, ONE BRICK AT A TIME

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HUMAN WILL BE THE LORDS OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! HAHAHAHAHA! :smiling_imp:

yes… yay blimps!
PS do you like my pic? its of Enceladus

2 Likes

I’ve been researching Enceladus, it’s really interesting!

it’s my favorite object in the sol system. i meen, it is 1 of the top candidates for life,

2 Likes

What about europa and earth is the top canidate for life