Which planet do you think is the best for colonization in the solar system

@QuantumCrab hold on

Nukes arent missiles, missiles are missiles. A few jets can fire a handful of missiles at a convoy and manage to take a few ships down.

Anyways, we would terraform Mars to state of habitable temperature, suitable for human colonization.

I dont know a way on how you could terraform mars but what i think we could do is bring gases like oxygen and nitrogen and the other gases that make up our atmosphere and plant artificial magnetic fields across the planets surface but you cant nuke it to terraform it that idea was stupid and the place would be dangerous to humans that living on mars desert like surface would be better the idea was so so stupid

Mars has a lot of carbon dioxide. It would take plants too long to convert that naturally, we would need a machines that can preform photosynthesis at an incredible rate and plant these machines all over.

Related to Martian terraforming, I wanted to bring this up to you all. It’s a concept on Deviantart based around how ecosystems, fauna, and flora would develop on Mars.

It is called “Cambrian Mars”.

https://www.deviantart.com/dragonthunders/gallery/42292238/Cambrian-Mars

2 Likes

Im sure you guys know about this, but in case you don’t there is a trilogy of novels following the terraforming process of mars (red mars, green mars, blue mars)

1 Like

What should humanity do if we go to an earth like planet with life on it? Should we transformer it into earth, destroying all native life and bringing in earth life or genetically engineer ourselves to live on the planet?

We leave it alone and i dont belive there could be life like earths but i think there could be microbal life everywhere

I think the ‘genetically engineering ourselves’ to suit the planets atmosphere and climate would be an interesting concept.

WHO IS GIVING MY POST THUMBS DOWN ITS REALLY ANNOYING

How could there not be life anywhere like Earths? I assume you meant life that developed in different evolutionary ways, but you didnt say that.

There are 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, and Earth is the only one with life? Yeah, sure.

Well I belive microbal life is possible on all planets

Even Venus?

Of course it is, no microbial life means no local wildlife basically.

Yes even venus they would be suited to live on venus and why did someone give me a mad face i was giving my opinion

How though? While it is your opinion, there are no opinions in science.

They would be suited to the high pressure and heat and what? How could you not have an opinion in science thats stupid

Well, it gets a little more complex than that. First off, life as we know it needs nutrients. Nutrients are hard to come by in most places, and needs a way of replenishing itself so that it doesnt run out. Mars may have life because it was very earth-like once. However, other planets are very hostile and wouldn’t support an ecosystem like that. Even the oceans of Europa would be a stretch.

Because opinions don’t matter in science, it isnt stupid. It’s basic fact, really.

But you could have organisms in the gas lakes of titan

Gasoline lakes?