Progress Updates

That’s the plan?

Once the player makes the jump to macroscopic scale they don’t place individual cells anymore, rather “sculpt” tissues made up of different cell types.

1 Like
7 Likes

All very interesting. I’m very excited for when video of the multicellular stage is eventually released. Also, the video by Oliver Lugg was quite cool.

There’s actually a thread on these forums about that video:

I’m very excited for when we get the first screenshots/videos of the Multicellular Stage! I have a quick question about it, if you don’t mind. Do you think that we will be able to get our hands on the early multicellular stage in the next few months? I can’t wait to try it out!

This thread is filled with the leaked immages

2 Likes

Probably. I’ll include the prototype in 0.5.8 if there is something playable in it. Patrons will get access to a devbuild with the prototype in it earlier, probably in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

I wonder if version 0.5.8 will have a multicellular phase?

No. We aren’t secretly hoarding a bunch of progress on the game that we can just casually drop.

1 Like

Can you tell me when the multicellular phase of thrive will join the game? I look forward to this stage very much!

1 Like

Within a few years. How much progress happens on Thrive is very heavily dependent on how many volunteer programmers we have active at any given time. Especially as we don’t even have enough money to hire one fulltime developer (thanks to the Steam and Patreon I can work on Thrive part time currently, hoping that the amount of money coming in would rise so that I could switch to fulltime).

1 Like

I will try to learn C + + to help you (there may not be much hope)

The game is actually written in C#. You can see that on our github repo page: GitHub - Revolutionary-Games/Thrive: The main repository for the development of the evolution game Thrive.

Sorry, my English is not very good.

Hopefully, people now may get more motivated to donate since spring has come (their mood will have increased).

1 Like
10 Likes

Cool, it’s really nice to see how the multicellular stage is coming along.

1 Like

always nice to see progress, knowing my money is going to the right place.

1 Like
13 Likes

Can i get a multicellular organism made of 100 cells?
eh, might as well try for myself.

edit: oh wait it hasnt released yet :sweat_smile: