Progress Updates

1 Like
If released on Steam, would it still be charged to encourage the dev team or would the Software Freedom Organization be enough to help?

Because I’m really hyped for a Thrive Steam Workshop.

If I’m in charge of the steam release, I’ll make it a “forced donation”.

The “software freedom organization” doesn’t actually fund any development. They act as an entity handling the donations, but it is still up to us to get people to donate.

1 Like
1 Like
He will ne’er be forgotten. Maybe one of the old theorists could come back or become the theorist lead.
3 Likes

I prefer the old music.

I agree, but I still have the ‘unfinished’ version in my playlist instead of the finished version, so I am probably a bit biased.

1 Like

What do you mean by the “‘unfinished’ version”?

Oh wait, nevermind.

1 Like

There will be an hiatus during the holidays so there won’t be any updates untill January

A post was split to a new topic: Graphics engine choice discussion

We are back!

6 Likes

I have to say, while I love the addition of cell walls, I can’t help but wonder how useful they’ll be in the current auto-evo system.

Also, I feel like Thrive’s patreon should be renamed to Hhyyrylainen’s patreon for now, comparable to Untrustedlife’s old patreon, since currently that’s what the the Patreons will be paying. Of course Hhyyrylainen is the main dev right now, but that will (hopefully) not be permantent. Only when the non-profit is actually set up should it be renamed back to Thrive’s.

1 Like

That new design documents looks very good. Methanogenic microbes? Manganese metabolism? Yes please! I especially like the idea of a sulfurous world. Though my unemployment continues, once I have an income I will throw some shekels your way.

I thought about the options a lot and came to the conclusion that it made the most sense to make one saying “here, this is the patreon for thrive, let’s see if we can get some money” because the earlier attempt did not gain traction. If the patreon reaches enough money to cover the costs of registering a non-profit I will make it a priority thing to sort out. I will also try to be as transparent as possible on what the money is spent on.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yaaaay! Planet generator!

7 Likes
7 Likes