Quick Question Thread

Functionality wise its playable right now, its just ugly for the moment.
So, most likely next update, 99% sure.

1 Like

Will you be able to make yourself a siphonophore?

From my understanding, that organism is actually a bunch of multicellular organisms similar to jellyfish combined together. I’m not sure if we’d want to get into that much detail regarding having multiple multicellular colonies of the same species combine together since that could get tricky to balance when a similar organism can be made just being a single organism, which I’m pretty confident can be made eventually.

But hey, if we see it prevalent enough when we assess multicellular adaptations in the future, sure. If that isn’t so, you’d be able to make something similar, just a continuous creature instead of multiple.

1 Like

What will be main additions of 0.5.9? I’ve heard there will be patch map, engulfment rework, but also macroscopic prototype?

you kinda answered your own question there lol
but anything that gets finished on time will be added

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn’t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

Would Oliver mind if I used the game’s soundtrack as a base for the songs in Thrive: Self Selection?

what that[size=4][/size]

@Oliveriver can give you specific permission, but you can use Thrive’s files as long as you follow the licensing terms. Here’s the license used for asset files: Thrive/LICENSE.txt at master · Revolutionary-Games/Thrive · GitHub

1 Like

Oooh those are a doozy. This is the first time I’ve ever wanted to read the terms of service. Just don’t sue like Ninten-sue

they are any plan to make an animation for cell division?

make the macro-multicellular more beautiful to look then its grow in cell numbers

1 Like

there already is a sort of animation to it, but better is better

Issue has been open about adding an animation for it it since September 2020:

2 Likes

When will the next thrive version be out? I think the versions 0.5.9?

2 Likes

June 16 2022, here’s the date.

2 Likes

Typo? It’s actually July.

oh sorry, I actually made 2 typos, other one being the release in 2023

Where? I didn’t see that…

Is there a current plan for how the transition from the current multicellular stage to macrocellular, and ultimately, 3D, will be like? I’m wondering how it will work going into it as a plant or an animal, because I’m assuming the size difference going into the next stage will be quite large.

most likely plopping legs onto your multicellular organism out of nowhere, and then crawling up onto land because thats evolution.
(jk)

1 Like