Quick Question Thread

47 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about PositiveTower’s questionable avatar

how whoud we know if sepience is rare? :thinking:

How whoud the creatures field of view be simulated
edit also: will we have cryptids

There was a good discussion about this on the old forum, how we would apply various filters for different photoreception methods, or be able to see different colors humans cannot see. It will be a pain to develop for and see in, but that’s the life of gronked up senses.

We could have mythological creatures simulated in society stage, envisioning “hybrids” of two creatures (often your own) like hippogriffs, pegasi, mermaids, centaurs, platypi, satyrs or even the Quetzalcoatl.

Will there be river/lake biome in the microbe stage?

Will there be different time perception depending on the metabolism rate?

Will there be a way to terraform planets by burning down forests and spewing methane into the atmosphere?

Will there be river/lake biome in the microbe stage?

Thats a good idea actually, a freshwater biome.

Will there be different time perception depending on the metabolism rate?

About metabolism, we may need to if plant gameplayis something we want to support properly. We perhaps will be forced to implement this.

Will there be a way to terraform planets by burning down forests and spewing methane into the atmosphere

This is of course way in the future, but perhaps.

Different timescales sounds sounds like a good feature, you could make time go slower for animals with slower reflexes, or a lot faster for organisms like plants.

u mean with fast reflexes

2 Likes

…whoopsie

3 Likes

Will there be a possibility of making civilisation of sapient plants or fungi? I mean like creatures depending on photosyntesis but capable of moving and thinking for example, or reproducing using spores etc. Or will this be limited to creatures more simillar to what we have here on earth.

This had already been discussed before, and has been many times.

Though I still snuck in a plantoid into the TU

hehe

it probably hasn’t been approved so it’s not exactly in the TU yet

hehe

good point

hehe

My god u pfp is awful (if he changes it this is what he had)

1 Like

My jesus this profile pic has high amounts of bad spelling
754_1

Also, how is it awful?

My friends, I regret to inform you that this post is getting off-topic. Do not fret, as I shall put it back on-topic:

Is Thrive free to download?

1 Like

No, you have to donate to the totally real thrive kickstarter that totally wasn’t a scam that was leeching of the actual game, totally.

Edit: this thread is nearing 200 posts, nice.

3 Likes

I guess this is the 200th post.