You control the forum

Will the thread type ever change again or will it always be a game

Population numbers:
Mantodea Intelectus Intelectus: 322
Squab Squan Goblins: 372
Mhadjy: 269

while i do think that its simple i also think that you will probably get overwhelmed with the amount of votes that youā€™ll have to do.
maybe 1 vote every 1000 pop is better?
just a suggestion

I recommend a logarithmic scale, so maybe 2 votes for 200, 3 votes for 400, 5 for 700, and so on. Didnā€™t do the math though, definitely want to do that.

Race name: Xhilcs
Attributes:
Power: 3
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 2
Defensive: 2
Charismatic: 1
Mysticism: 2 (0 on Mysticism Type Actions)

Capabilities:
Advantage:
Monarchic reproduction (insane birthrate, at the cost of of weakness to targeted attacks to harm the queen)
Hive brain (increases intelligence and charisma bonus [only between Xhilic] when working in teams)
Disadvantage:
No self preservation (the queen is the only Xhilc who values their life in the slightest, and the drones become actively suicidal days after reaching sexual maturity, casualties will be massive)

Description: The Xhilic are a hive minded Any like race of insectoid hominids. The workers are mass produced, Intensely loyal, and inventive (though not very outside the box) citizens. The drones reach sexual maturity within a week and either die mating or from willful unsafety days after. The queen is a living incubator, and produces massive numbers of young, being best at insane population growth under 10,000 and slower growth after that. There may only be one queen per settlement, though if growth is needed a city can be divided. All in all, they are genius ants with suicidal seggs machines.
Name of civilization: Xhilic horde
Location / biome: tropical mountains, like the Andies, or Iranian/Ethiopian/Turkish Highlands. So a pretty broad area. Preferably itā€™ll be wet enough for rice agriculture, and if not there with be corn to domesticate.
Initial quantity: I have an insane birthrate, so pretty high.
Description:

1 Like

List of races so far:

Mantodea Intelectus Intelectus (Nigel)

Squab Squan Goblins (PositiveTower)

Mhadjy (fralegend015)

Cave Goblin (zenzonegaming)

Wharenzas (doomlightning)

Xhilcs (Deathwake)

If anyone else would like to join please do so soon or let me know to reserve a spot.

Xhilcs population count is 392

Iā€™ll play, I just have to get my race sheet assembled. Itā€™s going to be the same as I use for Pandoraā€™s Horizon 2

can i join or is it too late?

It is not to late. You can join.

Were is Pandora horizon 2 on the forums anyway?

when the game will be in is final round (1/3 rounds)

Civ Name; Ferloth-De

Races: Chiropterans, Cavern Giants, Lavawalkers, Shroomfolk, Kongs, Wraiths, Glowpers, Shades, Armex, Salalos, Silkspinners, Stygians.

Power - 2
Intelligence - 4
Agility - 5
Defense - 2
Charisma - 1
Mysticism - 1

To balance out having so many races, instead of having an advantage to disadvantage ratio of 2:1, I have one of 1:2.

Advantage: Unit Power - depending on what kind of race I use, I will get different boosts. Boosts will be specified in my vote.

Chiropterans - Silent flight, flight, echolocation, natural wing armor.

Lavawalkers - Immune to fire and earth based damage

Cavern Giants - Melee tool boost to effectiveness

Silkspinners - Wallcrawling, silk and acid shooting

Shroomfolk - Hypnotizing/stunning glow control (Psychedelic), glow

Shades - Blend in with shadows, Night vision, Insane speed to the point where it almost seems like teleportation.

Stygians - Feather shooting, divine aura (boost to mysticism and charisma), Flight

Salalos - Water breathing, increased swim speed

Wraiths - Flight, Eldritch Aura (lowers opponents agility, power, intel, and defense, or some of these at least), Poison tentacles, look like flying demon squid

Armex - Immune to melee damage when stationary, exceptional diggers.

Glowpers - Extreme land speed and endurance, quadrupedal, glow.

Kongs - knuckle walkers (on two larger arms), climbing adept, stat boost when riled up.

Disadvantage 1: Slow to reproduce. The population is made up of much fewer of each species than others. For example, if I had 100 total pop, each race would only have 8 representatives, and I then could choose four races to have one extra member.

Disadvantage 2: Light sensitivity. Even though some of their members glow, it is not comparable to bright lights such as the sun. As such, stats are lowered during the daytime.

You may have noticed some of the members arenā€™t quite hominid, but I have them as all derived from hominid.

Description: For many years, deep below the surface a civilization has been working, a collaboration of species all descended from one. When the Cavern Giants descended into the depths so long ago, they never returned, and diversified in the depths deep below.

They had an 8 foot frame, two long legs and four lanky arms, with excellent hearing and vision, and made a great civilization in Fargrim, their capital, ruled by their leader Horror the Horror, with warriors and hunters valued foremost, then farmers and forgers, then architects and then everyone else.

When they came of age, individuals fought through duel by duel the strongest established warriors, and if they made it through they were excepted into the Kings personal guard of they survived drinking from a boiling geyser, seen as being able to resist the influence of the Devil of the Depths, who after they somehow failed their Sky god, an honorable and true warrior, they were sent to guard against from the return of them and their creatures.

New kings were selected via a tournament with the old king, near their death, selecting one of the competitors, not necessarily the winner, as the king was not allowed to have children or a family so that they had no worldly attachments.

Over millions of years, the cavern giants diversified into a handful of drastically different species. Some stayed as Cavern Giants, while others adapted one pair of their arms into wings, becoming the Chiropterans as they grew scales and fur, along with their tails. Other than the Chiropterans, the Lavawalkers developed, 50 foot tall beasts that use their heavily heat resistant skin and a thick magma covering to forge away in the depths of the world. Alongside them developed three more races, the Shroomfolk, who farmed chemosynthetic mushrooms and absorbed proteins that makes them glow a bright, shining blue, and Silkspinners, who can shoot acid and sticky threads, using tiny hairs to stick to the walls and ceilings like geckos. Then there are Shades, who have glowing purple eyes, black skin that lets them blend perfectly into the shadows, and insane speed, to the point where it seems like teleportation, as well as a giant jaw like an enderman and a huge, almost manipulatory tongue. Glowpers are quadrupedal creatures with a golden glow, very fast with great endurance, and have two small firearms used for item manipulation. Then, the Wraiths, who look more like demon squids then people, who have adapted their four arms to have membranous webbing between them like the vampire squid, with their fingers made into long, stinging, manipulatory tentacles, and their legs fused with similar toes as to their fingers. Their head is now extended on a long neck, ending in a giant jaw with sharp teeth and an elongated, beak like face. Kongs are quite similar to Cavern Giants, but with two limbs bulked up into gorilla like forearms for knucklewalking, and are adept at climbing. Salalos can breath underwater and have adapted to live in underground lakes. Then the Stygians, who have wings and feather like scale derivations that glow gold and silver when hit with light, and they can shoot these feathers, which are sharp as daggers. Finally, the Armex, who have tough, scale like, spiny skin and large foreclaws for digging.

After all of these years, a group of these has been sent off by the civilization of Ferloth-de to seek the surface, to find their ancient brethren and their sky god, to see if the ancient peoples left behind on the surface are still around. Wished a warriors journey by the rest of their civilization, they depart alone, clad with supplies and the knowledge carried by their civilization, as their brethren once again turn back to their ancient vigil, guarding the depths of the world from the one below.

Magic; Stones that allow for storage and control of creatures (other than sapients/hominids and dragons), as well as maybe item storage and animation/control of things like armor suits and such.

Location; Coastal Caves, bordering a vast desert to the north, the sea to the west, frosty tundra to the south, and a jungle to the east.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t recommend using population as a counter for votes, that would mean there is no limit to how many votes one can have, also give advantage to the countries that spam population.iā€™d recommend using the power score instead
Now, if thats too much effort or you canā€™t imagine a way to do it. I think you should make the population system increase in requirement each time.
Eg:2 votes:1000
3 votes: 10000
4 votes: 100000
5 votes: 1000000
etc

What if I use the species power or organization as a factor for actions as well as population in a diminishing return similar to what you said?

Also, should I start the game on a different forum, this one is getting congested, but we can vote on the name of the next forum if everyone pitches ideas. it will also help me say everything I need to say at the same time.

Never mind Iā€™m just gonna move the game to a different forum. You can make submissions there, but please keep the small talk here so I can keep everything organized. The forum will be called: A Tale of Earth and Sky. (Because I like that name and it sounds cool in my head)

omg the legendary quadraposting

There are still 2 more slots if you want to join Nover452.

Evolution4Weak, you population is: 379

Should we put our Civ descriptions in the actual game forum?